There are two main components to the CELTA course: input and teaching practice.
During the hands-on input sessions, you'll learn about teaching methodology and brush up on your language awareness, among other things. Teaching practice gives you a chance to create lesson plans and try out teaching approaches with real students. You'll get a significant amount of support from your tutors who are here to help you on your path to becoming a certified English Language Teacher.
- The general principles and techniques of teaching and learning foreign languages
- The English language: linguistic form, function, meaning and phonology
- Analysing the English language for teaching purposes
- Teaching and learning skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Class management, group work and individual work, learner motivation
- Class techniques, presentation, practice, checking understanding, error analysis
- Lesson planning, course planning, timetables and syllabuses
- Teaching materials, textbooks, supplementary materials
- Classroom aids and equipment, visual aids
- Homework and self-study, testing and grading, examinations in English
You would like to work as an English teacher for adults? Complete this course and get the internationally recognized CELTA certificate for English trainers and increase your chances on the job market. BFI Wien is Austria's only CELTA provider authorized by the University of Cambridge.
No previous teaching experience or teaching training required. An application form for this course can be obtained from Sandra Heuschmidt: firstname.lastname@example.org
. All applicants must complete an application form and take part in an interview with a tutor before registration.