The Business Angel Institute early-stage investing training program covers the full lifecycle of early-stage investing, providing participants with professional knowledge for startup investments.
- guided home study which will typically take around 12 days of your time (flexibly at home)
- 8 full days of face-to-face masterclasses
- Instructions for practicing as well as feedback on your results
- 4 remote coaching session to clarify any open issues
- This package also prepares participants for taking the CBA (Certified Business Angel), the world’s first certification for individual angel investors (ISO 17024).
Specifically, you will learn:
- Basic concepts and understanding all the relevant actors in the early stage ecosystem
- Professionally structuring your investment process
- Finding high quality investment opportunities
- Advanced ways of screening the deal flow in a way consistent with your personal investment strategy
- How to approach the due diligence process
- Conducting a market and business due diligence
- Conducting a financial due diligence
- Conducting a legal due diligence
- How to approach negotiations with investment target companies
- Common deal terms and how they interact
- Structuring terms in typical investment documents
- How to approach and perform a pre-revenue company valuation
- The many possible roles an active investor can take
- How to approach the whole process of improving a portfolio company
- How to improve their teams
- How to improve their business models
- How to improve their strategies
- How to improve their marketing, sales, and business development
- How to scale structures and processes when companies grow
- How portfolio companies should be monitored (even when there is little active involvement)
- How to deal with companies when they raise further capital later on
- How to prepare for an exit early enough
- How to successfully execute an exit
As we are a non-profit association, we provide special discounts for students, companies or interested persons who have never invested before.
The training delivers specific best practices as well as underlying principles and a broad spectrum of perspectives. Even experienced angels will significantly expand their horizons and hone their methods, while newcomers gain a thorough understanding of the whole process. Representatives of organizations dealing with early stage investment issues and of the surrounding service industry have also found our training program useful in the past.
This training program prepares participants for the certification as CBA: The Certified Business Angel (CBA) is the world’s first independent, international certification of individual business angels (ISO 17024). It is a registered trademark and based on the verification of a candidate’s grasp of the standardized CBA Body of Knowledge.
There are no prerequisites necessary.