ABOUT THIS COURSE
Bring a ‘pop’ of color to events and parties. Impress guests with these easy-to-make, colorful cake pops
Are you an aspiring Cake Boss? Are your decadent desserts the talk of the town? Or perhaps you're not the most confident baker, and you want great instructors to help you to the next level?
Get on board with the sweetest trend around – cake pops! These delicious cake-lollipop hybrids are quickly replacing cupcakes as the favorite dessert for holidays, parties, and special events.
Easy to make, decorate and eat, these one-bite treats are the perfect way to dazzle clients and impress guests using your creative flair!
They may have started as perfect treats for children’s birthday parties, but now cake pops are center stage at weddings, showers, and even Hollywood parties. And they aren’t just yummy – their stunning designs make beautiful centerpieces. Cake pops are a perfect way to bring your party or event theme to life.
Why spend hundreds of dollars on a custom cake when you can easily DIY your dessert table?
For professional caterers, there’s no need to hire a pastry chef when you can surprise clients with a complete cake pop menu to choose from. Give your events a bright ‘pop’ of color AND flavor with our cake pop baking and decorating course.
As well as step-by-step guides and videos in our Creative Cake Pop Decorating course, sign up and you’ll also receive a free eBook with Trendimi’s top 10 recipes for popsicles and ice-cream pops.
The Creative Popsicle and Ice-Cream Pops Recipes Ebook contains juicy fruit popsicles and decadent chocolate pops to satisfy any sweet tooth! Here’s what’s inside:
- Strawberilicious pops
- Watermelon pops that look like real watermelon slices!
- Funky tie-dyed fruit pops
- Real fruit raspberry and blueberry pops
- Pink Lemonade pops
- Tropical Sunset pops
- Nuts & Cocoa pops
- Decadent dark chocolate pops
- Tiramisu coffee pops
FREE when you purchase the Creative Cake Pop course!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
If you can bake a simple cake following a step-by-step recipe, you can make a cake pop!
- The basics - prepping your workstation, and what tools and ingredients you’ll need
- A variety of cake pop recipes, so you’ll have a few yummy flavors to choose from
- How to roll and sculpt your pops with expert precision
- Tons of decorating techniques using sprinkles, powders, sugars, and more!
- How to make your own fondant and use it to sculpt ornaments for your cake pops
- How to paint your cake pops and add cool details
- How to make themed cake pops for kids, birthdays, weddings, showers, and more!
By the end, you’ll have mastered several cake recipes, as well as numerous decorating techniques, and you’ll be making cake pops like a real pro.
So what are you waiting for? Get baking and start popping!
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- This course is for any experience level – from beginner bakers to expert chefs who want to learn cake pop techniques. It includes video demonstrations and tutorials which you can pause at any time, so you can follow along at your own pace.
- No matter your ability, this course will help you make and decorate the most awesome cake pops ever!
- If you run your own custom bakery or just want to stand out at the next bake sale, we can help you change drab desserts to fab food!
- If you love to bake, but are bored with traditional cakes and cupcakes
- Are looking to test your creative flair and try a new hobby
- Want to offer cake pops on your menu or to catering clients
- Love to DIY and want to create your own wedding or party desserts
- Want to surprise your friends and family with fun treats for birthdays and parties
- Love cake pops, but don’t know where to find them!
Module 1: Prepping For Diy Cake Pops
- Before You Bake
- Getting Started/Mise en Place
- Tools and Supplies
- Overview of Ingredients
- Decorating Accessories & Extras
- Choosing a Theme
- Safety Tips
Module 2: Ready Set Bake!
- Baking Methods
- Classic Yellow Cake for Any Occasion
- Ultimate Chocolate Lover’s Cake
- Tart and Fresh Lemon Spongecake
- Buttercream Recipes
- Surprise Cake Pop Center
- Mixing and Matching
- Scaling Recipes for Batches
- Baking Time Chart
Module 3: Putting It All Together
- Assembly with a Cake Pop Pan
- Making Cake Mixture for Hand-Rolled Pops
- Molding and Shaping
- Settling and Chilling
- Prepping the Candy Melts
- Inserting the Lollipop Stick
- Adjusting the Candy Coating
Module 4: Adding The Bells And Whistles
- Upside Down or Rightside Up?
- When to Use Dye For Coloring
- Decorating Methods
- Creating Animal Cake Pops
Module 5: Presentation And Storage
- Packaging your Pops
- Course re-cap
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Pass the exams with a minimum score of 55% for each (each module includes a test based on key learning objectives in that study topic)
If you meet these criteria, your certificate of successful completion will be emailed to you immediately after you finish the course
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES. (www.icoes.org)
After completing this course, you could:
- Explore a career as a baker
- Start your own custom bakery
- Impress friends and family with your amazing baking skills
- Have even more fun while baking
- Provide cake pops at events or parties
- Raise money for charities by selling cake pops at fundraising events
- Earn extra money by making customized cake pops for clients
Trendimi courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.