ABOUT THIS COURSE
Expertly design rooms. Turn a shell of a room into a fantastic space beyond your clients’ expectations
“A room should never allow the eye to settle in one place. It should smile at you and create fantasy.” - Juan Montoya
Oh, Juan...you hit the nail on the head! An expertly designed room should smile at you! But, not all do!
That’s why everyone could use the expertise of a great interior designer. Someone who can take a basic room and make it the most sought-after space in the house. Someone who can implement all that their client desires and add surprise touches that she didn’t even know she needed or wanted! And, that someone could be you!
Interior designers, home decorators, contractors, bloggers, vloggers, and many other professionals can use interior design to either earn a living or improve their credibility in their field. Think about some of your favorites in the biz...Joanna Gaines, Nate Berkus, and Emily Henderson for example. Isn’t that what they’re doing? And they’re getting paid for all of those fabulous designs!
You can turn your creativity, ingenuity, practicality and inspiration into a career as a sought-after interior designer - just like the ones you see on television or read about in your favorite blogs. All it takes is the skills - which we’re here to help you with - and the drive - which we’re sure you’ve got!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
With the Trendimi Interior Design & Home Styling course you will learn critical skills related to:
- How to analyze a space for design
- What elements to consider first
- What to take into account when choosing design features
- How to work with practical building features and utilities
- How to use a space & flow chart to plan your project
- Balancing space and function with style
- Choosing harmonizing/contrasting or feature materials for floors and walls
- Blending lighting with your overall design concept
- Using a color wheel to choose winning color combinations
- Choosing fabrics, textures & patterns that please clients’ senses
- How to work with rooms, color schemes and create beautiful spaces
- Project management to see your work through to completion
- Working with spaces to make the most of rooms, large and small
- Creating walls and floors which enhance the home
- Interior design styles to inspire you
- Designs and styles which are kind to the environment
- Running your own business
Everything you need to be a success in this industry and join the ranks of your favorite designers!
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- This course is ideal for anyone who is interested in a career in interior design. Are you the stylish one in your group? Does everyone always compliment your eye, your attention to detail, the chic way you put together your living room? Then this is for you!
- Enhance your skills and create your dream career with this course! Even if you simply want to dabble, and not charge for your amazing design ability, this course will allow you to take your interior design to the next level.
- Everyone who’s invested in a home and is seeking inspiration on how to decorate and style it.
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Pass the exams with a minimum score of 55% for each (each module includes a test based on key learning objectives in that study topic)
If you meet this criteria, your certificate of successful completion will be emailed to you immediately after you finish the course
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES. (www.icoes.org)
This course is CPD/CE accredited. Our CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
Module 1: Introduction To Interior Design
- What is Interior Design?
- Qualities & skills of an Interior Designer
- Brief history of modern Interior Design
- Becoming an Interior Designer
- Descriptive design terms
- Meeting your clients
Module 2: Design Principles
- Define your tasks
- Interfacing with other disciplines
- Design concept
- Drawings & plans
- Six design principles
- Finding inspiration
Module 3: Project Overview
- Design steps
- Working with the team
- Payment strategies
- Project management tips
- Design evaluation
- Common design challenges
Module 4: Design Elements
- Colors, accessories & their significance
- Spatial relationships & proportion
- Scale & balance
- Texture, patterns & fabrics
- Line & form
- The user’s experience – sight, sound, smell, taste & touch
Module 5: Design Elements
- Choosing a suitable color scheme
- Choosing flooring and & wall décor
- Choosing & placing furniture
- Choosing window dressings
- Choosing & placing lighting
- Choosing accessories & soft furnishings
Module 6: Room By Room Design
- Living room
- Kid’s room
Module 7: Popular Interior Styles
- Shabby Chic
- New York Style
- Parisian Style
- New England
Module 8: Sustainable Design
- Design & the environment
- Environmental policy
- Responsible sourcing of raw materials
- Climate change
- Health & safety
Module 9: Presenting Your Ideas
- Use of perspective
- Using the color wheel
- Pencil sketching
- Computer aided design
- Mood boards
Module 10: Managing Interior Design Business
- Maintaining professional relationships
- Charging fees
- Preparing a portfolio
- Marketing your business
- Low cost marketing techniques
- Setting up a website
- Social media
- Free PR
After completing this course, you could:
- Open your own interior design business
- Help friends and family with their interior design
- Get a job in the challenging and exciting field of interior design
- Increase your knowledge and skills, perhaps impressing your boss and earning a raise
- Corporate Office Planning - design the ideal space for workers and clients taking into consideration workflow, meeting space, and aesthetics.
- Hotels - Whether renovations or new construction, hotels need to be up-to-date, functional and attractive to their guests.
- Home Staging - In today’s real estate market, the proper staging of a home can decide if a place sells sooner rather than later
- Restaurants - It’s more than just the food, a restaurant requires a great setting and ambience to be successful
- Residential Design - A good design goes a long way to enhancing a home’s overall beauty
Just look around! Any space you walk into has the potential to be a design project!
Trendimi courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.