Corporate actors are a particular stakeholder group which has to cope with global environmental challenges, thus the course focuses on corporations and deals with how businesses respond to the widely recognized need for improving environmental performance. The course will provide an overview of environmental policies and strategies in companies from different sectors, and will review this young but rapidly growing field of research, including an overview of developments from environmental management to sustainable entrepreneurship, different types of instruments, and their effectiveness in improving environmental performance. Case studies that review and critically assess particular green business strategies will be used extensively in the seminar.
A MODUL University professional seminar is divided into three sections, allowing for maximum flexibility.
- Pre-Module phase: a two week e-learning period where participants are required to study reading material at home
- Core-Module phase: a two day seminar on MU Vienna’s campus
- Post-Module phase: a 2-4 week e-learning period where participants are required to complete a project or paper at home
Total course time is approximately one month, while the required on-campus seminar time is two days.
Dr. Sabine Sedlacek is Assistant Professor at the Department of Public Governance and Sustainable Development, MODUL University Vienna. Before joining MODUL University Vienna she was Assistant Professor at the Institute for Regional Development and Environment at the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration. She obtained her PhD in economic geography from the University of Vienna, with a doctoral thesis in the area of sustainable regional development. Her current research and teaching interests focus on regional and local economic development, environmental economics and sustainability. The question of governance for sustainable development on different spatial levels is one of her primary research interests.
By the end of the module participants will be able to
- Understand what is meant by ‘’green business strategies’’
- Analyze cases of companies which have implemented green business strategies
- Apply and use the gained knowledge in their working environment.
The course is based on various interactive methods (small group discussions, revolving discussions, roundtables, case simulations). Participants are encouraged to actively participate by discussing materials prepared before the seminar starts and cases that will be presented in class.
Participation in all three phases of the professional seminar (pre-, core- and post-module) leads to a certification, with the possibility to transfer the credits earned to a degree program (e.g. MBA program). All study programs and seminars are accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation (AQ) Austria.
DI Dr. Verena
MBA Program Manager
MODUL University Vienna
Am Kahlenberg 1, 1190 Wien
T: +43 (1) 3203555 302
- Proof of an undergraduate university degree with a minimum duration of three years or completion of an equivalent degree relevant to the content of the study programme
- A minimum of three years professional experience
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native speakers (for detailed information please visit http://www.modul.ac.at/study-programs/professional-program/master-of-business-administration/start-your-application/)
Modul University Vienna
Modul University Vienna
Jetzt unverbindlich anfragen