ABOUT THIS COURSE
Create sophisticated cakes. Wow friends and clients with your cake designs that look too good to eat (almost)
Cake design truly is an art form. Think of the beautiful tiered wedding cakes which can cost thousands to create. Or the beautiful children’s birthday cakes made in the shape of their favorite characters.
If you love baking, you can create stunning cakes that deserve to be center-stage too! Think of the money you’ll save. Or think of the money you can make creating cakes for clients.
You may not realize that you don’t have to have a degree from an expensive culinary school to be able to create beautiful and sophisticated cakes, anymore than you have to attend art school in Paris to create beautiful paintings.
Learning how to create cakes like the pros is absolutely within your reach. And with this course, you’ll be well on your way to wowing friends and relatives at birthday parties, weddings, and every cake-eating event in between.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This course has been specifically designed for those hoping to learn how to create beautiful and sophisticated cake designs that tantalize the taste buds and the eyes.
We’ll guide you through the tools you’ll need and show you the steps to using those tools as a means of artistic expression. Each module will walk you through the choices that exist for you in cake design, as well as the techniques that will set your cakes apart and lead to a finished product that looks almost too good to eat.
- How to choose a design
- Tips for icing
- Making fondant
- Decorating your cakes
- Cake presentation
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
- Anyone with an interest in cake design
- Any parent hoping to wow their children with unique and exciting birthday cakes
- Any person seeking a new artistic outlet
- Any baker looking to take their cakes to that next level
- Event planners who want to add an extra skill for clients
To receive certification, you must:
- Complete every page of the course
- Pass the exams with a minimum score of 55% for each (each module includes a test based on key learning objectives in that study topic)
If you meet this criteria, your certificate of successful completion will be emailed to you immediately after you finish the course
You will also have the option to order a hard copy certificate directly from ICOES. (www.icoes.org)
This course is CPD/CE accredited. Our CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
Module 1: Getting Started
- Evaluating the Occasion
- Determining Size
- Choosing a Design
- Gathering Supplies
- Cutting Pieces
Module 2: Icing
- Making Buttercream
- Star or Petal Tips
- Patterned Designs
- Icing vs. Fondant
Module 3: Making Fondant
- What You Need
- Creating the Fondant
- Getting Your Texture Right
- Getting the Color Right
- How Important is Taste?
Module 4: Decorating With Fondant
- The Basics
- Simple Designs
- Complex Patterns
- The Hand Painted Technique
Module 5: Putting It All Together
- Stacking Cakes
- Adding Design Elements
After you complete this course, you could:
- Open your own artisanal bakery, specializing in wedding or birthday cakes
- Create amazing cakes for friends and family
- Take your existing bakery or catering company to a higher level
- Teach other bakers how to wow with cakes for special occasions
- Create special cakes for events that you organize
- Create cakes for special dietary requirements, such as vegan cakes or gluten-free