The Certified Scrum Product Owner Course is a two-day course which introduces the concepts of agile product management using the Scrum methodology. Why does this matter? The 2008 Standish Chaos study showed that 32% Succeeded of all IT projects had a cost overrun. Further, 24% Failed and 44% were challenged. It’s no wonder our customers are unhappy!
This course will provide you the tools, techniques and most importantly, the understanding needed to be an effective Scrum Product Owner.
Students will learn tried & true methods for building, managing and prioritizing the Product Backlog and ways to build a product roadmap for release planning. Successful participants will be listed as Certified Scrum Product Owners on the Scrum Alliance website: https://www.scrumalliance.org/
Questions, like the following, will not be addressed in this class:
- What are the roles, meetings and artifacts in Scrum?
- What is the role of the Scrum Master?
- What is a self-organizing team?
- How can I complete testing at the end of each sprint?
- Why is a cross functional team important?
- Who is in charge of the team if not the ScrumMaster?
- Is the ScrumMaster a Project Manager?
For answers to these types of questions, and more, we highly recommend attending our 2 days Certified ScrumMaster course – see our course calendar: https://techtalk.at/trainings/
- Overview of Scrum – We will review the Scrum framework, expanding on all elements of the framework.
- The Product Backlog – The Product Backlog is the key to any successful Scrum team. We will explore what comprises a good Product Backlog, techniques for managing it and what happens when it goes unattended.
- Stocking the Product Backlog – What elements make a good Product Backlog? What do we do with our users, and how do we handle technical stories? We go deep with ways to build a great product backlog to ensure a successful project.
- Prioritizing the Product Backlog – Having a prioritized Product Backlog is key if the team is to ensure their project is not in the 52% of projects that fail objectives. We will look at steps that can be used to ensure a prioritized backlog.
- Product Owner Responsibilities & Traits – Who can be Product Owner? Is it the Product or Project manager? We will expand on what the role of the Product Owner is and elements of great Product Owners worldwide.
- Release Planning & Management – Knowing when things should be done is key. Knowing how to figure this out is essential to a successful project. We explore estimation units and the various levels of planning used in agile Projects.
For more information visit our website: https://techtalk.at/trainings