This module of the Business Angel Institute training program covers financial and legal aspects of investments in early stage companies.
- guided home study which will typically take around 3 days of your time (flexibly at home)
- 2 full days of face-to-face masterclasses
- Instructions for practicing as well as feedback on your results.
- Remote coaching session to clarify any open issues
Specifically, you will learn:
- How to approach negotiations with investment target companies
- Common deal terms and how they interact
- Structuring terms in typical investment documents
- How to approach and perform a pre-revenue company valuation
- Conducting a financial due diligence
- Conducting a legal due diligence
The program is delivered by experts in all phases from finding targets to exiting investments, including experienced angel investors, representatives of angel organizations, entrepreneurship professors, specialized lawyers and specialized tax advisors.
You get a comprehensive set of materials for guided home study which will typically take around 3 days of your time (flexibly at home). Then you get to interact with your peers in 2 full days of face-to-face masterclasses. In addition, you get instructions for practicing as well as feedback on your results. Finally, you get a remote coaching session to clarify any open issues.
The training delivers specific best practices as well as underlying principles and a broad spectrum of perspectives. Even experienced angels will significantly expand their horizons and hone their methods, while newcomers gain a thorough understanding of the whole process. Representatives of organizations dealing with early stage investment issues and of the surrounding service industry have also found our training program useful in the past.